I have blogged about how I believe in directed research rather than general research so I don’t fall down a rabbit hole of information. If you are curious to see how much research I do for a novel, today I will post my Google (and yes I do mean Google) Searches I did for The Grove and tomorrow I will post the bibliography.
- Sitka Spruce Lifespan
- Photo of Sitka Spruce Cone
- Beaches of Oregon
- Oregon Beach Plants
- Beach Towns of Oregon
- Map of Oregon
- Gaff History
- Wiccan love potions
- Wiccan sex magic
- Chinook Jargon / Chinuk Wawa / Chinook Jargon Lessons Seattle
- Indigenous Faiths
- Siletz Reservation
- Siletz Language / Siletz Talking Dictionary / Siletz Dee Ni sentences and new words
- Yiddish words for Old Woman (polite)
- Squirrels of the Oregon Coast
- Paranormal versus Horror Genres
- Define Cosmic Horror
- Legendary Animals
- Aston Martin convertible
- Sign for Rip Tides/ Ocean
As you can see some of the searches are for specific or general facts for the book, others are me trying to figure out what genre the novel actually falls under. Of course, some facts were found and then deleted such as the Yiddish words for Old Woman.
Writers, what have been some of your search topics?
If these topics excite your reading buds, consider checking out The Grove on E-book or Paperback.